Tuesday 22 February 2011

Boundary between work and life .. or lack thereof..

I've always compartmentalized work and home, so much so that my personality changes. Professional, to the point, get the job done at work.. and go home and forget about it(the non-work, non-call times) .
It is strange to think then that I've started considering these ten people as family. This, when I haven't even met them yet! (or maybe cuz ;))
Seriously though, even when I'm trying to be cautious of perceptions with cultural differences, I've noticed the walls I would typically draw up in a professional setting, just don't seem to be there. Maybe it's because I know I'm spending a month with them day and night and they will get to know me very well anyway, or it's just all the Ghana reading which is preparing us to smell the roses first instead of directly jumping to work, or maybe the knowledge that each other is all we'll have there... not sure what it is, it'll be interesting to see the boundaries blur, almost like a social experiment - only I'm the subject :)

No comments: